in Technology

Ethiopian Airlines signs up for Sabre Passenger Reservations Technology Solution

Posted 4 September 2017 · Add Comment

Ethiopian Airlines has renewed its passenger reservations system with global travel technology provider, Sabre Corporation. The airline also signed up for a suite of new technology solutions to support its continued growth as a world-class carrier.

Ethiopian Airlines has been using Sabre’s technology for its core reservations, network planning and ecommerce since 2005.  Despite the daunting challenges in African aviation, Ethiopian Airlines has continued with thriving successes and has become the leading Aviation group in Africa, nine years ahead of its 15 years strategic growth roadmap, Vision 2025.

Ethiopian Group CEO, Tewolde GebreMariam, said: “Our focus towards availing the latest Information Technology and travel system solution is one of the pillars in our long term growth plan, Vision 2025.Consequently, we have made huge investments in Information Technology to create a seamless passenger experience.  Moreover,  Sabre’s technology partnership and expertise has been invaluable,  which is now further  flourishing  with cutting-edge technology  that   helps us ensure better customer experience and remain to be  an airline of choice among  travelers around the world.”

“Ethiopian Airlines is one of aviation’s most compelling success stories, having overcome industry challenges to drive rapid and sustained growth on a continent where profitability in aviation is extremely rare,” said Dino Gelmetti, vice president, Airline Solutions, Sabre.  “For more than a decade, Sabre’s technology has been helping Ethiopian Airlines maximize profits and offer a network of flights more extensive than any other African airline.  As a result, it is now spearheading the African aviation industry and is a benchmark of success for other carriers on the continent and beyond.”

The next phase of development for Ethiopian Airlines is in enhancing its passenger experience.  Among the new technology that Ethiopian Airlines will introduce is Sabre’s Intelligence Exchange.  Airlines currently sit on a goldmine of data, yet only use 12% of it to engage with passengers; Intelligence Exchange enables airlines to turn that remaining 88% of data into actionable insights.  Armed with a 360 degree view of each passenger, airlines can then offer individual travellers services that are uniquely relevant to them – increasing sales of ancillaries. 

“80% of flights to, from and within Africa are operated by non-African airlines,” continued Gelmetti.  “This move helps Ethiopian to better focus on understanding the individual needs of its passengers, while remaining to be an airline of choice among travelers.  By implementing new customer-centric technology that can enhance the travel experience through contextual engagement, Ethiopian Airlines can win passengers from its rivals while experiencing up to a 10% increase in revenue generated from ancillary sales.”

* required field

Post a comment

Other Stories
Advertisement
Latest News

O.R. Tambo International Airport named ‘Airport of the Year’

O.R Tambo International Airport, South Africa’s biggest and busiest port of entry, was named African Airport of the Year at this week’s Air Cargo Africa conference and exhibition. This was the fourth time the airport has won the award.

Krimson marks handling of 150th flight since operations began in 2015

Krimson Aviation, the Ethiopia-based trip planning and flight support company marked the handling of its 150th flight since inception this month.

Aviation Africa: ‘Flying Forward Together’

The chairman of IATA - International Air Transport Association - H.E. Akbar Al Baker, the CEO of Gulf carrier Qatar Airways is planning a hard-hitting message about the future for aviation in the current highly politicised environment

Kenya takes ex-Emirati Fennecs for anti-insurgency ops

The Kenya Air Force (KAF) has taken delivery of nine Eurocopter AS550 Fennec light helicopters from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), writes Jon Lake.

IATA releases 2018 Airline safety performance showing progress in Africa

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) released data for the 2018 safety performance of the commercial airline industry showing continuing safety improvements over the long term, but an increase in accidents compared to

Airbus certifies A400M Cargo Hold Tanks refuelling unit

Airbus has successfully completed the certification flight tests for the A400M Cargo Hold Tanks (CHT) refuelling unit, taking a new step towards the full certification of the aircraft for air-to-air refuelling operations as a tanker.

AVAFA19 SK0201280219
See us at
Connect MEIA BT1402010519AirCargoAFA_BT220318210219AviationAfrica_BT0607280219AviAssistBT201218280219